The Cannabis Science + Therapeutics Forum is an innovative resource for physicians, advanced practice providers and medical cannabis industry professionals across the U.S. Roundtable discussions focus on the scientific and therapeutic use of medical cannabis and regulatory issues relevant to both clinical practice and research with a final discussion on the future of medical cannabis.
The CBMD Provider Education Forum has been created to support the education needs of the following US-based healthcare professionals: Physicians, Dentists, Advanced Practice Providers, Pharmacists, Nurses, Mental Health Professionals, Medical, Pharmacy and Nursing Students.
Keynote Speaker: Ethan Russo, M.D.
Keynote: “New Frontiers in Cannabis and the Endocannabinoid System”Dr. Russo’s keynote will focus on recent findings showing the genetic abnormalities at the basis of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome and additional insights into the relationship of fibromyalgia and the endocannabinoid system.
Dr. Russo is a board-certified neurologist, psychopharmacology researcher, and Founder/CEO of CReDO Science .Previously, Dr. Russo was Director of Research and Development for the International Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute, 2017-19, Medical Director of PHYTECS, 2015-2017, and from 2003-2014, Senior Medical Advisor, medical monitor/study physician to GW Pharmaceuticals for numerous Phase I-III clinical trials of Sativex® and Epidiolex®.
He was a clinical neurologist in Missoula, Montana for 20 years. Dr. Russo has held faculty appointments in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Montana, and in Medicine at the University of Washington. He is author/editor of seven books and has published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles.
Medical Cannabis Industry Expert Roundtables:
Roundtable A: Clinical + Scientific Use of Medical Cannabis
Experts discuss current evidence-based science as it relates to medical cannabis including: interactions with the endocannabinoid system, clinical pharmacology, dosing, delivery and therapeutics in integrative care.
- Leigh Vinocur, M.D. (moderator), Chief Medical Officer, Ananda Medical Practice and Cannabis Consulting
- Stephen Dahmer, M.D., Family Physician, Chief Medical Officer, Vireo Health
- Sandra Carillo, M.D., MHSM, Clinical Practioner, Faculty of Medicine, University of Panama
- Samoon Ahmad, M.D., Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Roundtable B: Regulatory Considerations for Clinical Practice + Research
Healthcare providers in the U.S. are uniquely challenged by how to navigate professional ethics, regulations, public policy, and the impact on public health as medical cannabis programs expand. Roundtable members discuss the complex federal regulatory landscape relative to patient care and medical cannabis research.
- Chirali Patel (moderator), Associate, Cannabis & Hemp Law Practice, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden
- Dustin McDonald, Policy Director, Americans for Safe Access
- Alisia Ratliff, CEO, Victus + CSO, Jersey Hemp
- David Vaillencourt, CEO, GMP Collective
Roundtable C: The Future of Medical Cannabis
This roundtable examines the intersection of the legacy cannabis, healthcare, pharmaceutical and technology industries. Discussion will include guidance on approaches to multidisciplinary collaboration and the practical application of translational research models to advance cannabis science.
- Jacquie Cohen Roth, MS, (moderator) Founder/CEO CannabizMD + Tea Pad
- C. Jordan Medley, Director of Product Operations, RYAH
- Dr. Ruth Fisher, PhD, Co-Founder, CannDynamics, Inc.
- Mara Gordon, Co-founder, Aunt Zelda’s, Octopi Wellness + Zelira Therapeutics
- Dr. Brian Brandley, PhD, MBA, Laboratory Director, Biopharmaceutical Research Company (BRC)
Thank you to the Forum sponsors who are committed to filling the void of cannabis science and policy education: