CannabizMD Advertising Terms + Conditions
This agreement (“Agreement”) is hereby made between CannabizMD, LLC, hereinafter “Publisher,” and the undersigned, hereinafter “Advertiser” and “Agency” (if applicable), for the purchase of advertising on Publisher’s website located at www.cannabizmd.com (“Website”); in its event publications; on its mobile applications and/or and/or on its other media/platforms (“Products”) as set forth herein. The parties hereby agree to the following:
- Advertiser and Agency agree to use and pay for the advertising space; white paper sponsorship; podcast sponsorship and/or set forth in Exhibit A at the rates set forth in Exhibit A.
- This Agreement can be canceled up to three (3) business days after the date on which this contract was signed (“Agreement Date”). All cancellations must be received via email with delivery and read confirmation email@example.com. In the event that (a) Advertiser uses or pays for less advertising than that specified herein or the Advertiser or Agency otherwise breaches the terms of this Agreement, or (b) if at any time Publisher in its reasonable judgment determines that Advertiser is not likely to have published the total amount of advertising specified herein during the term of this Agreement, any rate discount will be retroactively nullified and Advertiser and Agency will be charged the difference between the rates charged and the rates applicable for the volume of space actually used and paid for, in accordance with Publisher’s applicable rate schedules (“short-rate”). In such event, Advertiser and Agency must reimburse Publisher for the short-rate within ten (10) days of Publisher’s invoice therefor and Advertiser will thereafter pay for advertising at the open rate or at the newly determined rate(s) (as applicable).
- Advertiser and Agency shall pay for such advertising at the rates set forth in this Agreement (if specified herein) or Publisher’s rate card applicable at the time of the publication of the advertising. Volume discounts and Agency discounts are net rates. No other discounts apply.
- One-third of first placement is due with signed contract. All remaining placements will be invoiced with 30 day payment terms. Invoices older than 30 days will incur a $50 late fee and a 2 % per month finance fee accrued on the unpaid balance. In the event it becomes necessary for CannabizMD and its management to place this Agreement in the hands of an attorney and/or collection agency for purposes of debt collection, the Client agrees to pay in addition to all other relief including reasonable attorney fees and any other costs incurred by CannabizMD and its management. If the Client elects to pay by credit or debit card, the signature below shall be sufficient to authorize CannabizMD and its management to automatically charge the Client’s credit or debit card for all invoices against this contract. PRE–PAYMENT DISCOUNT: A 5% discount can be applied if the contracted total amount is pre-paid at least five days prior to post.
If payment is made by Agency, allowable commissions may be deducted. If any bill is not paid by its due date, commissions shall be deemed not earned and the gross amount of the bill shall be paid in full. Publisher may, at its option, require cash with order or otherwise change the payment terms at any time.
- This Agreement is not subject to rebates.
- Advertiser and Agency: if there is an Agency, the Advertiser and Agency each agrees to be jointly and severally liable for the payment of all bills and charges incurred. Advertiser authorizes Publisher, at its election, to tender any bill to Agency, and such tender shall constitute notice to Advertiser of the bill and shall in no way impair the joint and several liability of Advertiser and Agency. Payment by Advertiser to Agency shall not discharge Advertiser’s liability to Publisher. The rights of Publisher shall in no way be affected by any dispute or claim as between Advertiser and Agency. Advertiser confirms that it has appointed Agency, if one is specified, to be its authorized representative with respect to all matters relating to advertising placed on Advertiser’s behalf with the understanding that Agency may be paid a commission.
- Advertiser shall have the right to revoke its agency at any time during the period of this Agreement effective upon receipt by Publisher of notice in writing; in such event, Publisher may, at its option, terminate this Agreement. If Advertiser shall designate another agent Publisher may, at its option, recognize such agent upon receipt of an agreement by said agent to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and to become liable for the payment of all bills due and to become due under this Agreement.
- Publisher reserves the right, at its absolute discretion and at any time, to cancel any advertising or reject any advertising copy, whether or not the same has already been acknowledged and/or previously Published, including but not limited to for reasons relating to the contents of the advertisement or any technology associated with the advertisement. In the event of such cancellation or rejection by Publisher, advertising already run shall be paid for at the rate that would apply if the entire order were Published and no short rate will apply. The rejection of copy by the Publisher shall require Advertiser and/or Agency to supply new copy acceptable to the Publisher. Advertisements that simulate editorial content must be clearly labeled “ADVERTISEMENT” or “PROMOTION” or “BRANDED CONTENT” OR “CUSTOM CONTENT or “SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION” or “SPONSORED WHITE PAPER at the top of the advertisement, and Publisher may, in its sole discretion, so label such copy.
- Publisher, at its option, may terminate this Agreement for the breach of any of the terms hereof, it being specifically understood without limitation that failure on the part of either Advertiser or Agency to pay each bill on or before its due date shall constitute a breach. Should Publisher terminate this Agreement, all charges incurred together with shortrate charges shall be immediately due and payable.
- Any invoice tendered by Publisher shall be conclusive as to the correctness of the item or items therein set forth and shall constitute an account stated unless written objection is made thereto within ten days from the rendering thereof. In addition, unless otherwise agreed on the cover page of this Agreement, all impressions and/or other measurements of ads hereunder shall be solely based on Publisher’s calculations.
- This Agreement may not be assigned by Advertiser or Agency without the prior written consent of Publisher, and any assignment without such consent shall be null and void. Advertiser or Agency may not use any space for the advertisement either directly or indirectly of any business organization, enterprise, product, or service other than that for which the advertising space is provided by Publisher, nor may Advertiser or Agency authorize any others to use any advertising space.
- Orders containing terms, rates or conditions or specifying positions, facings, editorial adjacencies or other requirements may be accepted but such terms, rates, conditions or specifications are not binding unless Publisher has specifically agreed to them in writing.
- In the event of a suspension of publication of Publisher’s print products, Website and/or Apps due to strike, accident, fire, flood, computer or software/ network malfunction, congestion, repair, Internet outages or any other cause or contingencies beyond the control of Publisher, it is understood and agreed that such suspension shall not invalidate this contract, but a) will give Publisher the option to cancel this Agreement, or if Publisher does not do so, b) upon resumption of publication this contract shall be continued and no liability for damages shall be incurred by the Publisher by reason of such suspension.
- Interest will accrue at a rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (or such other maximum amount as is permissible by law) on all past due balances. If it becomes necessary to place with an attorney for collection any claim for funds due under the terms of this Agreement, then Advertiser and Agency agree to pay to Publisher the reasonable attorneys’ fees arising from such collection.
- If during the period of this Agreement Publisher revises its advertising rates, Advertiser and Agency agree to be bound by such rates provided Publisher gives at least thirty (30) days notice of such increase. However, in such event Advertiser may elect not to place any further advertisements after the effective date of the increase, and if no space is used after the effective date of the increase, no short rate will be charged on space used prior to such increase.
- Publisher does not guarantee any given level of readership or circulation. In addition, Publisher makes no guarantee or representation as to the quantity and quality of visits, impressions, circulation, or other usage of its Website or Apps or of the advertisement, or as to the use of any particular tracking or information gathering devices, unless Publisher expressly agrees otherwise in writing. In addition, all impressions and/or other measurements of advertisements for Publisher’s Websites and Apps shall be based solely on Publisher’s calculations for its Websites and Apps. To the extent Publisher fails to provide Advertiser/Agency with any guaranteed impressions on its Website or Apps (if expressly agreed to by Publisher in writing), Publisher will provide as a sole remedy a makegood, by extending the order beyond the contracted advertising flight period until the remainder of the guaranteed impressions are delivered. For the purpose of clarification, Advertisers/ Agencies that request a special billing schedule or an upfront bill will not receive refunds/adjustments in the case of under delivery of guaranteed impressions (if applicable).
- Publisher’s sole liability (and Advertiser’s and Agent’s sole remedy) for errors and/or omissions by Publisher in published advertisements shall be to provide Advertiser a credit for the actual space of the error or omission (in no event shall such credit exceed the total amount paid to Publisher for the applicable advertisement), and Publisher shall have no liability unless the error or omission is brought to Publisher’s attention no later than 5 working days after the advertisement is first Published. However, if a copy and/or screenshot of the advertisement was provided to or reviewed by Advertiser, Publisher shall have no liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL PUBLISHER BE LIABLE TO ADVERTISER, AGENCY OR ANY OTHER PARTIES FOR ANY FURTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY BREACH THEREOF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS.
- Failure by Publisher to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of such provision. Unless inconsistent with the express terms of this Agreement, all orders are subject to the terms of Publisher’s applicable rate card. Advertiser and Agency acknowledge receipt of a copy of said rate card.
- Advertiser and Agency recognize that the copyright in any advertisements created by Publisher is owned by Publisher unless the Advertiser contracts with Pub. Advertiser and/or Agency shall not use any advertisements created by Publisher hereunder for any other purpose, including but not limited to, in any other publication, website and/or on any other platform without Publisher’s prior written approval in each instance. As to all other advertisements, Advertiser and Agency agree that Publisher has the non-exclusive right, for the full term of copyright, by itself or through third parties, to republish, retransmit, re-perform, redistribute or otherwise re-use any advertisements submitted hereunder in any form in which the advertisements may be Published or used (in any media now in existence or hereafter developed) in whole or in any part, whether or not combined with material of others.
- This Agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of the the state of Maryland. Any action based on or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be commenced in a state or federal court in Annapolis, Pennsylvania; and the parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in connection with this Agreement.
- Advertiser and Agency understand that advertisements and/or other commercial messages sent on its behalf by Publisher via electronic mail may be governed by federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation the CAN-SPAM Act and any acts related thereto, and including the interpretation thereof by the FTC or other governmental authorities (collectively, the “CAN-SPAM Act”) and state “Do Not Email” registries. Advertiser and Agency agree to comply with all such applicable laws, rules and regulations. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Advertiser and Agency shall fulfill all obligations of a “Sender” as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act, and comply with Publisher’s policies intended to comply therewith.
- All data collected by Publisher, Advertiser and/or any third party in connection with this Agreement shall be exclusively owned by Publisher, and not used or disclosed by Advertiser/Agency without Publisher’s prior written approval in each instance.
24.The titles and logos of the Publisher’s print products, Website and Apps are registered trademarks and/or trademarks protected under common laws. Neither the titles nor the logos may be used without the express written permission of Publisher.
- This Agreement may be executed by Advertiser/Agency by manual, facsimile or scanned PDF signatures (or by clicking “accept” or similar terminology online), and in any number of counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all which together will constitute one and the same instrument.
- PUBLISHER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES FOR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, UPTIME, MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE DISPLAY, PERFORMANCE AND TRANSMISSION OF ADVERTISEMENTS IN PUBLISHER’S NEWSPAPERS, WEBSITES AND APPS. Advertiser and Agency acknowledge that third parties other than Publisher may generate automated, fraudulent or otherwise invalid/improper impressions, conversions, inquiries, clicks or other actions on Advertiser’s advertisements displayed on Publisher’s Websites and/or Apps. As between Advertiser and Publisher, Advertiser accepts the risk of any such improper actions. Advertiser’s exclusive remedy for such suspected improper actions is for Advertiser to request a refund relating to its impacted advertisements in the form of advertising credits on the applicable Website or App within thirty (30) days from the end of the calendar month in which such advertisement is initially displayed on the applicable Website or App. Any advertising credit refunds in connection with the Advertiser’s aforementioned requests are within the sole discretion of Publisher.
- The foregoing terms shall govern the relationship between Publisher and Advertiser and Agency. Publisher has not made any representations to Advertiser or Agency that are not contained herein. Unless expressly agreed to in writing signed by an officer or senior executive of Publisher, no other terms and conditions in insertion orders, contracts, click-through terms and conditions, copy instruction, letters, or otherwise will be binding on Publisher.